Microsoft Business Intelligence Consultant
Microsoft BI Consultant Role:
Experienced Microsoft BI Senior Consultant required who is knowledgeable and experienced on Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse.
This truly unique opportunity requires a mature, career-oriented individual able to join our BI team and commitment to deliver on time with high quality is a must. In return, the candidate will be provided with a stable work environment, a true team environment, a structured career path, growth and satisfaction that comes from keeping his/her skills up-to-date by working with the latest technologies
The candidate must have an excellent overall knowledge of the Microsoft BI product suite and must have an interest in working in a senior technical role in a customer facing environment.
The Senior MS BI Consultant must have experience in the areas of Data Warehouse Design, Modelling, Data Integration, Data Analysis, Reporting and prove consistent business knowledge. In particular SSAS, SSIS and SSRS. The Senior MS BI Consultant will be responsible for the overall design and build of business intelligence solutions for a set of clients, delivered on Azure, Microsoft SQL Server and Business Intelligence platforms. You will work as a team member along with business analysts, project managers, developers, technical architects and testers to deliver the complete solution to the customer. The role requires a willingness to travel to customer sites when necessary.
- 5+ years working in a consultant role on business systems implementation projects
- BSc Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field.
- Proven leadership experience and capabilities
- Microsoft SQL Certifications (MCTS / MCSE / MCSA).
- MS SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 (SSIS) (SSAS) (SSRS)
- Desire experience in Power BI + DAX language.
- Desire experience working as Microsoft Sql Server DBA (cluster installation, replication, backup policies, tuning performance)
- Demonstrate expert knowledge in multiple technical and business areas.
- Design, plan, develop, test, document and maintain Microsoft BI Solutions, including data warehouse data structures, ETL jobs, cubes and reports.
- Experience in Design and Build the Business Components of a Business intelligence data warehouse.
- Identifying BI infrastructure environments specifications.
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries, MDX/DAX.
- Aware of C#.Net and VB.Net Coding and debugging.
- Self-learning and knowledge acquisition on the latest BI tools, technologies and best practices.
- Used to communicating complex ideas and vision with team members and customers
- Desire experience working in pre-sales – presentations, tenders, etc.
- Desire experience analysing and interpreting forecast data to plan resources effectively.
- Desire experience/knowledge in Azure BI platform (Azure SQL Server, Azure Data Warehouse, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Machine Learning, HdInsight clusters…etc).
- Kimball data warehouse good practice knowledge.
- Coordinate and support Business Analysts in new BI projects business specifications.
- Develop Microsoft BI solution proof of concepts (POC’s)
- Design and build the Business Components of a Business Intelligence Data Warehouse.
- Gather, document, and distribute business and technical requirements.
- Design, Plan and Deploy BI solutions.
- Participate in and have a focus on building reusable BI components and artifacts.
- Debug, monitor, and troubleshoot BI solutions.
- Diagnosing and repairing Client and Performance issues and Modify existing solution to fix bugs.
- Work with the hardware teams in relation to server consolidation projects.
- Take part in the pre-sales process, providing input to tenders and bids when necessary and prototyping and demoing solutions to potential customers
Established in Ireland in 1985, Codec provides software, consulting, and support services from our head office in Ireland and from offices in the UK, Germany and Poland. We specialise in Data Warehousing, Performance Management (including ABC, budgeting, forecasting and reporting) and Business Intelligence applications, and have developed significant expertise in this area. Our customer base features many of the largest domestic and international organisations operating in Ireland today.
As well as activity-based costing, planning and budgeting, Codec also provides forecasting, financial analysis, reporting, statutory and management consolidations, business intelligence, custom analytical applications, MIS, EIS, and balanced scorecard applications all fully managed from our projects management office.