Microsoft Business Intelligence Consultant
Established in Ireland in 1985, Codec-dss provides software, consulting, and support services from our head office in Ireland and from offices in the UK, Germany and Poland. We specialise in Data Warehousing, Performance Management (including ABC, budgeting, forecasting and reporting) and Business Intelligence applications, and have developed significant expertise in this area. Our customer base features many of the largest domestic and international organisations operating in Ireland today.
As well as activity-based costing, planning and budgeting, Codec-dss also provides forecasting, financial analysis, reporting, statutory and management consolidations, business intelligence, custom analytical applications, MIS, EIS, and balanced scorecard applications all fully managed from our projects management office.
The Microsoft BI Consultant Role:
Experienced Microsoft BI Senior Consultant required who is knowledgeable and experienced on Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse.
The Senior MS BI Consultant will be responsible for the overall design and build of business intelligence solutions for a set of clients, delivered on the Microsoft SQL Server and Business Intelligence platforms. You will work as a team member along with business analysts, project managers, developers, technical architects and testers to deliver the complete solution to the customer. The role requires a willingness to travel to customer sites when necessary.
The candidate must have an excellent overall knowledge of the Microsoft BI product suite and must have an interest in working in a senior technical role in a customer facing environment
He/she must have experience in the areas of Data Warehouse Design, Modeling, Data Integration, Data Analysis and Reporting, and prove consistent business knowledge. In particular SSAS, SSIS, PowerPivot and Powerview. Also experience in server consolidation would be a definite advantage.
This truly unique opportunity requires a mature, career-oriented individual able to join our BI team and commitment to deliver on time with high quality is a must. In return, the candidate will be provided with a stable work environment, a true team environment, a structured career path, growth and satisfaction that comes from keeping his/her skills up-to-date by working with the latest technologies
Role Requirements / Desired Skills & Experience:
• 5+ years working in a consultant role on business systems implementation projects
• BSc Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field.
• Proven leadership experience and capabilities
• Microsoft SQL Certifications (MCTS / MCITP).
• MS SQL Server 2008/2008R2/2012/2014 (SSIS) (SSAS) (SSRS)
• Demonstrate expert knowledge in multiple technical and business areas.
• Design, plan, develop, test, document and maintain Microsoft BI Solutions, including data warehouse data structures, ETL jobs, cubes and reports.
• Experience in Design and Build the Business Components of a Business intelligence data warehouse.
• Identifying BI infrastructure environments specifications.
• Experience in writing complex SQL queries, MDX queries and database profiling techniques using SQL.
• Aware of C#.Net and VB.Net Coding and debugging.
• Self-learning and knowledge acquisition on the latest BI tools, technologies and best practices
• Experience managing a team of consultant resources on customer facing engagements
• Used to communicating complex ideas and vision with team members and customers
• Experience working in pre-sales capacity – presentations, tenders, etc.
• Experience of analysing and interpreting forecast data to plan resources effectively.
Coordinate and support Business Analysts in new BI projects business specifications.
Develop Microsoft BI solution proof of concepts (POC’s)
Design and build the Business Components of a Business Intelligence Data Warehouse.
Gather, document, and distribute business and technical requirements.
Design, Plan and Deploy BI solutions.
Participate in and have a focus on building reusable BI components and artifacts.
Debug, monitor, and troubleshoot BI solutions.
Write relational and multidimensional database queries.
Configure, deploy, and maintain database servers
Diagnosing and repairing Client and Performance issues and Modify existing solution to fix bugs.
Work with the hardware teams in relation to server consolidation projects.