Microsoft .NET Developer
Microsoft .NET Developer to cross-train to Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Codec-dss are looking for an experienced .NET developer who would welcome the opportunity to broaden their technical skill set to become an expert implementation consultant in Microsoft Dynamics CRM. The candidate will be responsible for the overall design and build of business applications for a set of clients, delivered on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM platform. You will work as a team member along with business analysts, project managers, developers, technical architects and testers to deliver the complete solution to the customer. The role requires a willingness to travel to customer sites when necessary.
The Business Applications practice in Codec-dss has a Microsoft Gold Partner status for Dynamics CRM and was awarded Irish Dynamics CRM Partner of the Year by Microsoft at the Worldwide Partner Conference in July. This is an excellent chance to join an existing team with strong Dynamics experience and to work on large-scale Dynamics CRM deployments and gain certification in a product which is being used by more and more organisations as an application development platform.
The candidate should be used to working on their own and within a team. Skills and experience in the following technologies are essential:
- Candidates should have excellent oral and written communications skills.
- 4 years .NET (C#) / ASP.NET (MVC)
- 4 years Microsoft SQL Server (2005/2008)
- Communicate with business stakeholders and business analysts to ensure the solution design meets requirements
- Maintain a “Trusted Advisor” relationship with the customer and identify opportunities for further project work for both the Microsoft CRM practice and the other Codec-dss teams.
- Take part in the pre-sales process, providing input to tenders and bids when necessary and prototyping and demoing solutions to potential customers
- Work with other senior members of the CRM Practice on developing and implementing operational improvements within the team
- Assist in project planning process, in estimating development effort and allocation of development and testing tasks
- Identify project risks and participate in defining risk mitigation and control activities
- Make recommendations on the allocation of resources to projects according to skills and capacity and provide mentoring support to developer resources
- Work closely with developers to ensure implementations are in line with the proposed design and overall standards
- Work as part of the development team on smaller projects towards a quality, on-time delivery
- Maintain lean documentation, ensuring it is kept relevant and useful
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
Some experience in the following technologies would be advantageous but not essential:
- Customer facing experience within a consultancy role
- Previous experience working in a team lead role or capacity
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft SSIS/SSAS
- Unit Testing Frameworks (such as NUnit)
- Windows Communication Foundation
Candidates with active Microsoft certifications will be looked upon favourably.
The successful applicant will be required to assist with enterprise-scale Dynamics CRM projects within the Business Applications practice and also to be involved in SharePoint and Microsoft Business Intelligence projects as they arise. As many of our implementations involve pushing the boundaries of Dynamics xRM, we require someone with strong problem solving and coding skills. Candidates must be ready to work on customer sites as and when required. Candidates should be experienced in working in professional services environment and self-directed in their approach to work.
Applications need to be sent to Fidelma Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a detailed Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter, and quote the job ref number (if applicable). Codec-dss, Hyde House, Adelaide Road, Dublin 2. www.codecdss.ie