To develop and execute software quality assurance plans for our software projects, and assure the quality of software delivered to our customers. To analyse requirements and design documentation, and ensure the applications or changes being delivered are fit for purpose.
Taking ownership of test projects, ‘managing’ them to successful completion
Defining and documenting the approach to testing for Projects, in accordance with internal standards and Test Policies
Produce detailed estimates for testing projects
Write test cases from requirements documentation / user stories and execute tests
Defining data and environment requirements
Liaise with software development team to ensure that all requirements are thoroughly tested and adequate coverage achieved.
Analyse failing tests and defects and clearly report with evidence via JIRA/TFS.
Managing the defect lifecycle for Projects
Interact with developers, architects & SMEs to discuss features & resolve defects.
Observe bug resolution efforts and escalate identified risks as and when they occur.
Reviewing and critiquing processes and standards to deliver innovative improvements to testing
Act as a test subject matter expert, sharing knowledge and experience with other members of the team
Embracing and actively demonstrating/promoting company values and initiatives in a leading role
Develop and encourage teamwork across multiple functions
• Degree level qualification, preferably in IT, Business, or Quality.
• 3 years+ experience working as a Software Test Engineer with proven software test responsibilities.
• Display a solid understanding of testing best practice and the development lifecycle with good experience of applying this knowledge in a testing capacity
• Be able to actively manage a test pack to successful completion in aggressive timeframes
• Good Knowledge to Software Testing techniques and processes
• Understanding of test management tools/solutions/integrations (e.g. TFS/JIRA/Rational Quality Manager, ALM/QC)
• Microsoft MCPD / MCSD Certification
• Test Certification (ISTQB or equivalent)
• Dynamics CRM/365 platform experience advantageous
• Rational Quality Manager experience advantageous
• Automation experience advantageous
Skills/ Behavioural Competencies
• Have good organisational and planning skills with ability to prioritise and multi-task within the role.
• Excellent business acumen with strong analytical ability.
• Team player with ability to work on own initiative within well-defined schedules.
• Ability to work in fast paced, customer and deadline driven environment
• Methodical worker with attention to detail.
• Excellent Written & Oral Communication skills.
• Have good interpersonal skills at all levels
• Have the ability to motivate and lead a small team of testers and report accurately to management
• Demonstrate the ability to review and critique current processes and generate innovative solutions to problems
Applications to be sent by e-mail only, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a detailed Curriculum Vitae and Covering letter, and quote the job ref number.
Codec, Hyde House, Adelaide Road, Dublin 2. www.codecdss.ie