Mainstream Renewable Power
Mainstream needed to incorporate Finance and HR Systems, Document Management Systems, Managed Services and IT Infrastructure implementation and support to locations in EMEA, North and South America and AsiaPAC.
Company: Mainstream Renewable Power
Industry: Renweable Energy
Mainstream has ambitious plans for growth. Recruiting world class people and acquiring financial investment has been key to developing the organisation. Technology is also at the core of these plans for growth and there is a clear, concise vision for IT – its all about usability, high availability and scalability delivered via proven technology.
The main challenge for Mainstream was identifying and incorporating their global IT requirements when developing their IT strategy and vision.
Mainstream was founded in 2008 by Dr. Eddie O’Connor and Fintan Whelan, the former CEO and Corporate Finance Manager of Airtricity. Their core business is the development, construction and operation of wind, solar thermal and ocean current plants. Mainstream’s vision is of a future where economies can thrive, free from the restrictions of fossil fuels. They work closely with governments, development partners and investors. And while every project is different, the goal is always the same. To deliver a successful business that accelerates global progress towards a sustainable future.
With their Head office in Sandyford, Co Dublin, Mainstream Renewable Power currently have offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dublin, London, Santiago, Sydney, Toronto, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Through the consultation and advice of key partners; Codec; Mainstream Renewable Power have developed their global IT infrastructure strategy and vision.
Mainstream Renewable Power’s IT strategy is based on consolidation across HP, Microsoft and Cisco technology platforms. On the infrastructure side, Codec was able to leverage our long established partnerships with HP and Microsoft as well as our considerable technical expertise to design and deliver a global infrastructure that meets Mainstream’s current and future needs.
This global IT infrastructure includes the following elements:
- Installation of enterprise wide Windows Active Directory for user and resource administration, management and control
- Installation of organisation wide email system using Microsoft Exchange 2007
- Implementation of server platform for Microsoft SharePoint and Dynamics environments
- Installation and configuration of Windows 2008 Hyper-V software for server virtualisation management, administration and control
- Implementation and configuration of highly available EVA storage
- Implementation of enterprise data management solution which enables remote users to utilise enterprise ArcView, WAsP and Windfarmer applications
- Installation of laptops, desktops, printers and plotters: Codec has been chosen to refresh Mainstream’s existing server infrastructure, client base and printing environment with the very latest in HP technologies including video conferencing, wireless and 3G as well as providing associated warehousing, configuration and logistical capabilities on a worldwide basis.
With a total focus on delivering IS excellence to their users, technology is considered a key enabler for the growth of Mainstream Renewable Power.
From providing all users with the same reliable laptop, capabilities for printing, e-mailing, phoning and video conferencing from anywhere in the world to providing clear, comprehensive and effective support through a dedicated helpdesk operated 24 x7, Mainstream are truly end-user focused.
Strong partnership has been crucial in the success in the implementation of the strategy that enables this level of service to be provided. By selecting best in class technology delivered through quality partners, Mainstream ensure that they have the capability of delivering the level of service it requires to its customers and staff throughout the globe.
““Our PACE Infrastructure is now Live. Thank-you for the support we've received from Codec over the past 9 months as we standardised our technology on HP, Microsoft and Eircom. We are very happy with the ongoing service Codec provide and look forward to our next big IT projects. Well Done” ”
John Shaw, CIO, Mainstream Renewable Power