Earlier this month Julia White, General Manager for the Office Product Management team Microsoft posted a blog on the Evolution of SharePoint in Office 365 taking a closer look at the future of SharePoint and how it will progress with Office 365.
The article highlights a number of key messages about the journey that SharePoint has taken from a content collaboration solution to a solution that incorporates Portals, Search, Business Intelligence, Enterprise Content Management with a consistent management layer and flexible platform. Incorporating the cloud into this solutions enables greater collaboration, mobility and productivity as SharePoint and all Office technologies work together providing greater value & innovation to customers.
Julia highlights some of the new collaborative innovations from Microsoft including:
- Office Delve – a new way to search for information across Office 365
- Improved Portals – new portals that are intelligent, collaborative, mobile and ready to go
- OneDrive- provides users with one place to easily store, sync and share personal files across devices—with security, reliability and manageability
- Team Sites -bring together team content traditionally kept in SharePoint, along with the broader set of information across Office 365 including email, instant messaging, tasks, contacts, personal files, social feeds and more.
- Power BI- provides an integrated analytical platform in the cloud that connects to information from where it lives via the Excel interface
- Social— integrating the Yammer experience alongside Office as well as common line of business applications such as Dynamics CRM.
To find out more information on our SharePoint solutions ; or if would like to arrange a consultation, please feel free to email email@example.com or call us on 01 603 4300.