Java Developer – Front and Back End roles
Software Engineer – User Interface
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
On a day to day basis you will be developing and testing within an Engineering Scrum Team in an innovative project.
It is expected that you bring your own experience and ideas to the development and you will responsible for developing a standard of high quality UI design in an agile environment including unit testing and other types of functional and non-functional testing.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE:
- A 3rd level degree in Computer Science / IT
- Very strong knowledge of latest UI frameworks and Web Services including REST
- Object oriented analysis, design experience
- Excellent English and Communication skills essential
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as a member of a high performing engineering scrum team
- Proven competence in large scale SPA development
- Front end architecture patterns e.g. MV*
- Multi device development including RWD techniques and patterns
- Client side testing (unit, BIT, acceptance, performance)
- Familiar with latest web standards
- HTML5 APIs e.g. Serviceworkers, Web Components
- Latest ECMAscript standard including transpilers (e.g. Babel)
- CSS3 including common frameworks (LESS) and methods (BEM)
- Familiar with popular JS frameworks and libs
- Popular app frameworks (e.g. React, Angular)
- Build and packaging systems (e.g. Webpack, NPM)
- Experience working in an Agile environment with Engineering scrum teams is an added advantage
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
- Proficient with APIs and service oriented architectures
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
Codec-dss has been providing end-to-end IT infrastructure and technology solutions to the Irish market for almost 30 years. Specialisation in large scale server and storage deployments has been developed around the process driven supply of computer hardware solutions.
Technical consultancy and project management services are provided around our core capabilities in virtualisation and consolidation technologies, advanced infrastructure solutions, networking, storage technologies and IT support solutions. Codec-dss is a privately owned Irish company with offices in Ireland, Germany, Poland and the UK, has an annual turnover of €31M and employs 100 people.