Microsoft Dynamics AX Consultant
Microsoft Dynamics AX Consultant – Data Migration
Job Type: Contract
Codec-dss is a unique organisation. We are dedicated to understanding & embracing the shifts that change within technology and to make these changes work for your organisation. Today, the IT shift is driven by Cloud, Analytics, Mobile, Collaboration and Consolidation. To deliver on these diverse drivers with core solutions is complex, expensive and time consuming, so a platform solution is the preferred alternative- Codec-dss provide this unique differentiator and to demonstrate our skill have been awarded the Microsoft Country Partner of the Year 2014/15.
Codec-dss is an Irish company headquartered in Dublin and with offices in Cork, Belfast, London, Cologne & Warsaw. We have been in business for over 30 years and employ over 130 people who provide expert service and solutions to customers in the public and private sector.
Desired Skills and Experience
This is a hands-on data-transformation role, and very much focused on the following:
- Legacy Financial data is provided in flat-file (CSV) format from our current vendor;
- Based upon financial logic and business rules, the candidate will need to interpret and transform this legacy data to a point where it can be communicated with the On-Boarding Team, that will take the data process into the new Dynamics AX system.
- They also need to be able to articulate and document their own data migration strategy in line with the business requirements;
- The candidate does not need to be an expert in Dynamics AX (although AX familiarity would be a distinct advantage in understanding the data constructs that exist within AX), but rather, needs to be very comfortable talking through scenarios with the Finance users (incl. areas such as Procure-to-Pay, General Ledger, Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger, Sales-to-Receipt, VAT, Payroll) and interpreting their Accounting needs into data changes, thereby ensuring that datasets and data transactions are process-driven, holistic, and meet the business requirements as to what is to be migrated, resulting in only relevant and cleansed data being provided to the On-Boarding Team.
- The candidate will not be given the future-state database schema as it is a proprietary tool, so they will instead need to process the data against a set of Dynamics Import/Export templates so that the On-boarding Team can complete the migration.
- There will be considerable interfacing with the source-vendor, the Business Process Team, and the On-Boarding Team, so the candidate will need to be comfortable talking about Financial Accounting, and ideally Project Costing and Subcontracting transactions.
- The deliverable from the role will be a key contribution to the data migration strategy, and accurate datasets from the legacy system that have been converted in such a fashion as they can be on-boarded by another team.