Microsoft Dynamics AX Consultant
We are looking for a first-rate, highly organised Microsoft Dynamics AX Consultant for our successful, flourishing company. As a Dynamics AX Consultant / Developer, your job responsibilities will include requirements gathering & analysis, creation of functional/technical specifications, configuration and development on Dynamics AX. You will be involved in all stages of the projects from pre-sales to requirements collection, gap analysis, solution design, configuration & development, go-live and support.
- Closely working with key users and collecting project requirements;
- Documenting the business requirements which expresses the actions that must be taken to achieve the agreed outcome.
- Configuring and customising the Microsoft Dynamics AX Application to achieve the customer’s business requirements.
- Conducting acceptance testing and training customer resources to successfully use and maintain the Microsoft Dynamics Application.
- Architect solutions on a functional and technical level that will deliver high quality results, to meet or exceed the client’s needs and utilise the features and functions correctly & effectively.
- Schedule, collaborate, manage and lead meetings with functional/business team to ensure and validate each phase of the AX Implementation for the client is being executed with the agreed solutions.
- Helping sales team in pre-sales activities (responding to Requests for Proposals / Invitations to Tenders, preparing and presenting demonstrations etc);
- Gap fit analysis;
- Delivering development tasks within agreed budgets and timelines;
- Development of interfaces to/from Dynamics NAV with external applications;
- Co-ordinate and contribute to end-user training;
- Any other tasks as reasonably required.
Desired Experience & Technical Skills
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Information Systems or Business
- 5 years plus in implementing AX ERP solutions
- Customer relationship building skills and experienced consulting skills
- Solid experience in change management and business process mapping
- Experience with software in a SaaS environment would be an advantage
- Consulting experience with other ERP offerings would be beneficial
- Experience in one or more of the following verticals – Finance, Accounting, Manufacturing, Wholesale Distribution, Services, Retail, SCM.
Our Dynamics Consultants often combine deep technical knowledge with more general systems implementation skills. Candidates are therefore expected to have experience in the following non-technical areas:
- Ability to translate customer requirements and specifications into customised solution;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the business;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to work independently and in a team, and to meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to balance multiple demands.
Codec-dss is an award-winning Microsoft Gold Partner headquartered in Dublin and with offices in Cork, Galway Belfast, London, Cologne & Warsaw. We have been in business for over 30 years and employ over 180 people who provide expert service and solutions to customers in the public and private sector.
We are the only Irish partner with skillsets across the entire Microsoft Platform; Dynamics AX ERP, Dynamics CRM & XRM, Office 365, SQL Server & Business Intelligence, Big Data Appliances, SharePoint, Yammer, the Azure Microsoft Cloud and Desktop & Server Infrastructure services.
Codec-dss have been awarded the Microsoft Country Partner of the Year award for Ireland in both 2014 & 2017. The Microsoft Country Partner of the Year Awards honour partners at the country level that have demonstrated business excellence in delivering Microsoft solutions to multiple customers over the past year. This award recognises Codec-dss as succeeding in effective engagement with its local Microsoft office while showcasing innovation and business impact, driving customer satisfaction, and winning new customers.
Codec-dss have been awarded Microsoft Dynamics Partner of the Year award for Ireland in 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016 & 2017. The award reflects our continued success in the design and implementation of innovative solutions based on the Microsoft Dynamics platform – ERP, CRM & XRM. Winning this award recognises the effort that our teams have put into delivering these great projects and it’s a fantastic achievement for everyone involved.