Network Engineer – 3-6 month daily rate contract
- Drive key IT Network projects
- Build highly available and highly reliable network infrastructure
- Provide guidance to the team for using best practices and enterprise level standards.
- Design and maintain the E-Commerce and ERP network infrastructure.
- Communicate and document project specifications, procedures, etc..
- Provide accurate effort-estimates for deliverables.
- Involved in hiring engineers and in growing the team.
Essential Competencies/ skills
- Excellent IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with Cisco 28xx, 37xx, 38xx, 65xx, 73xx and 76xx series platforms
- Knowledge in Fortinet appliance solutions.
- Experience deploying and maintaining wide area networks with emphasis on IPSec, VPN
- Deep understanding of TCP internals, especially across wide area networks
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills
- Candidates should have experience in many of the following protocols and technologies: 802.2/3, 802.1d VLANs/STP, IPv4, TCP (internals & flow control), BGP, OSPF, HSRP/GLBP, PIMv2, IGMP, LDP, TACACS, IPSEC & VPNs, Netflow, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, Multicast, SAN, NAS, SMTP, DNS, Citrix.
- The candidate must be experienced in scripting languages such as Shell, Perl, Python
Desired Competencies/ skills
- The candidate must have experience of working with Data Centers environments
- Security awareness is required, experience in securing platforms.
- The candidate should be innovative, creative, flexible and self-directed
- Propose and implement all solutions to ameliorate and to secure the systems
- A strong customer focus is required.
- Good English (spoken and written)
Codec-dss has been providing end-to-end IT infrastructure and technology solutions to the Irish market for almost 30 years. Specialisation in large scale server and storage deployments has been developed around the process driven supply of computer hardware solutions.
Technical consultancy and project management services are provided around our core capabilities in virtualisation and consolidation technologies, advanced infrastructure solutions, networking, storage technologies and IT support solutions. Codec-dss is a privately owned Irish company with offices in Ireland, Germany, Poland and the UK, has an annual turnover of €31M and employs 100 people.