Director of Finance (Part Time)
Codec is an award-winning full-stack IT consultancy, a local alternative to the Big 4, established in 1985, headquartered in Dublin with offices in Galway, Belfast, London, Poland and Germany. Employing 240+ staff, we are growing rapidly and have a clear vision of the future developing our own ‘IP’ to compliment the Cloud stacks from Microsoft and Oracle. Our vision is to grow a team of 350 diverse people who like to be challenged, have fun and grow.
We are looking to recruit a Director of Finance initially on a part time basis to be responsible for the finance function to ensure lean, compliant and efficient processes.
Reporting directly to the CFO this role will include a broad spectrum of operational responsibilities and requires a wide range of knowledge and experience. The successful applicant will ensure the company is operating to its maximum potential to include maximising revenues and efficiencies from a cost perspective. You will oversee the finance function, set targets, support individual departments by helping them to create and maintain their budgets and provide robust and timely reporting and analysis. There will be a focus on data extraction to manage the building with accurate and relevant KPI’s.
You will need to be highly organised, hands-on and with the experience and ability to facilitate strong growth through developing systems and processes. You will work collaboratively using your own initiative to implement operational (system and process) improvement.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Support the delivery of the overall Group strategy and goals.
- Ensure all financial systems are fit for purpose and operating maximum capacity, identifying areas that require improvement and implementing necessary changes to support business development.
- Ensure that Codec is not subject to any audit or tax exposures and Codec is compliant with all regulatory requirements and adheres to best practice in all its processes.
- Develop and implement financial control procedures and systems to minimise risk;
- Ensuring adequate internal controls are in place to warrant the completeness and accuracy of all information.
- Mentoring and developing the finance team.
- Contributing to company financial strategy and decision-making process.
- Overseeing tax and compliance and becoming familiar with a complex group structure.
- Preparation of detailed financial analysis including commentary for senior management.
- Managing acquisitions with the CFO when applicable and other strategic projects.
- Undertaking financial analysis and reporting.
- Liaising with banks and PE for funding if required.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strives for excellence and going the “extra mile”
- Previous experience of communicating and presenting to internal senior stakeholders at all levels with confidence and expertise.
- Hard-working, efficient and motivated by results
- Ability to analyze and make recommendations, alongside the capacity to drive through key business changes
- Flexible, dynamic team player
- Strong business acumen and understanding of financial issues
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ૌA/ACA)
- Held a senior position in large accountancy practice or a senior position within industry.
- Experience in services industry advantageous.
- Good systems knowledge (Microsoft NAV, AX, Business Central a plus but not a necessity)
- A competitive salary with a performance related bonus opportunity
- This role may suit part time hours initially with the flexibility to ramp up hours as required
- A flexible workplace, in a prime city centre location
- Contribution to your pension / company pension scheme and comprehensive health care scheme.
- Travel to work scheme – bike and public transport
- Performance related bonus opportunity
- Competitive Corporate Pension Scheme
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Death in Service Life Insurance Benefit
- PHI Personal Health insurance
- Flexible working environment