Head of Human Resources
Role Head of Human Resources
Codec is an award-winning full-stack IT consultancy, a local alternative to the Big 4, established in 1985, headquartered in Dublin with offices in Galway, Belfast, London, Poland and Germany. Employing 240+ staff, we are growing rapidly and have crafted a clear vision of the future developing our own ‘IP’ to compliment the Cloud stacks from Microsoft and Oracle. We are looking to hire an experienced Head of Human Resources to support the company’s’ growth strategy to double net profit by 2021, having already doubled in size over the previous three years.
The Head of Human Resources will report to the Chief Executive Officer, sit on the business leadership team and have overall responsibility for Codec’s People and Talent Management activities. The successful candidate will play a key role in the support and broader development of the business in all it’s Irish and European locations.
The Head of HR will focus on key HR strategies such as talent acquisition, learning & development, performance management, employee retention, reward and cultural development and will work across several European jurisdictions. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of a high-performing organisation that ensures that the right people, the right plans and the right organisational processes and culture deliver the growth and profitability strategy of the organisation, through performance excellence at all levels.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Through a thorough understanding of the key business drivers, provide strategic input to the direction of a rapidly changing entrepreneurial business, while maintaining a strong alignment with people agenda.
- Lead the HR strategy across all locations with particular focus on talent acquisition, development and retention
- Continually challenge the business, driving the transformation and growth agenda that improves over all organisational effectiveness.
- Key input in developing change management programs in the business.
- Build, develop and shape the HR team in line with the business current and future requirements
- Develop and implement a HR strategy that underpins the growth strategy and the entrepreneurial flair of Code
- Proactively build relationships and promote HR as a valuable business partner
- Partner, coach and educate the leadership team to facilitate organisational and cultural development aligned to Codec’s strategy and priorities
- Drive resourcing and retention activities to support growth plans into the future
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience in human resources with at least 3 years in a IT services or consultancy business
- Education equivalent to degree or/master’s level and/or CIPD qualification
- Experience in leading a transformation team that repositions the HR offering
- Proof and experience in driving transformation projects
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the key commercial levers in the IT services and consultancy sector
- Team leadership experience
- Excellent understanding of commercial drivers and how to add value to the business.
- Proven track record of success in human resources, with a particular focus on talent development, resourcing, organisational cultural development and change
- Experience working internationally and a high level knowledge of European employment legislation in the Codec locations is desirable
- Must have an understanding of the impact of organisational culture on performance and productivity, coupled with excellent leadership skills.
- Demonstrable record in partnering with a CEO to support driving the people agenda.
- Ideally, experience gained in a progressive, commercially focused organisation with a strong culture for performance, innovation and delivery
- Ability to travel to Codec’s offices in Ireland and across Europe
- Operate in a manner consistent with the ethos and values of Codec
- Show team leadership ability and exceptional communication skills coupled with the capacity to innovate, intuitively engage and influence at all levels
- Must have strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills and be able to build relationships at all levels of the organisation
- Influence, shaping solutions, negotiation and consultative skills
- Excellent project management skills including successful leadership of projects from planning phase through completion
- A competitive salary with a performance related bonus opportunity
- A flexible workplace, in a prime city centre location
- Contribution to your pension / company pension scheme and comprehensive health care scheme.
- Travel to work scheme – bike and public transport
- Performance related bonus opportunity
- Competitive Corporate Pension Scheme
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Death in Service Life Insurance Benefit
- PHI Personal Health insurance
- Flexible working environment
- 22 days annual leave