HR Business Partner
An opportunity has arisen for a Human Resources Senior Business Partner / Manager to join Codec. This role will report into the Chief Operations Officer and will provide support the business. The role will work on delivering Companywide initiatives at a departmental level. The HR Business Partner (HRBP) will have a significant input to the People Plans for each of the departments in the business.
The role offers a great opportunity for an ambitious person with room to grow into a more senior position within Codec.
Ideally the HRBP will have a commercial background and understand the over arching goal of the company is to increase profits by aligning the people strategy with the growth plan of the company. All talent decisions should be viewed in tandem with the growth of the company and the bottom line.
• Develop a commercial understanding of the business, while building strong professional relationships with the management team to become quickly integrated as a business partner. • Manage the employee lifecycle within the business, including on-boarding, offboarding and everything in between.
• Proactively manage the recruitment process for the business, in collaboration with the Recruitment team. • Drive the performance management cycle and ensure compliance and buy in from the management team.
• Support the COO with the implementation of the annual Ops plan, focusing on key aspects which include incentivisation and reward, ways of working, learning and capability development.
• Providing best practice advice and guidance to the management team, in line with current employment legislation, whilst staying up to date with emerging trends and thought leadership in HR.
• Lead learning and development activity and working closely with the Chief Operations Officer to develop appropriate learning strategies and interventions to ensure high performance across the business. Also contribute where required to Company-wide learning and development initiatives.
• Work with mid management to roll out a management training plan and coach individuals whilst ensuring ownership and growth in their management roles.
• Work on the current succession plan and develop it to ensure it is relevant and attain management buy in to the process.
• Proactively manage employee relations issues within the boundaries of relevant employment legislation in tandem with in house legal. • Support business requirements around specific projects such as potential acquisitions.
• Develop a near shore, offshore talent plan with the COO as required for business units. • Own the HR system, Bamboo, and ensure it is relevant and up to date and role out Codec’s PM reviews within the system.
• Work with the SLT to develop a defined value system in Codec and bring the values alive within Codec to enhance the changing culture.
• Implement appropriate compensation and benefits initiatives and support delivery of any Company wide initiatives.
• Ensure a positive and consistent employee experience for all Codec people, through various initiatives, such as employee engagement initiatives.
• Support specific projects and programmes, for example, wellness, sports and social activity, learning and development, performance management, recruitment.
• Champion the CSR and S&S initiatives.
• CIPD qualified;
• Degree in HR/Business or related discipline;
• Minimum 7 years at HR Business Partner level;
• Experience in a technology services organisation would be highly beneficial; professional services at a minimum;
• Experience engaging at C-level
• Proven ability to coach and mentor junior HR team members
• Excellent relationship management and influencing skills;
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisation skills;
• Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment;
• Highly adaptable and flexible individual with a “can do” attitude;
• Strong team player who is equally comfortable working independently and working with the SLT.
• A competitive salary
• Prime city centre location and ability to work from home and office. A presence in the office will be required for part of the week.
• Contribution to your pension / company pension scheme and comprehensive health care scheme.
• Travel to work scheme – bike and public transport • Competitive Corporate Pension Scheme
• Comprehensive Health Insurance
• Death in Service Life Insurance Benefit
• PHI Personal Health insurance
• 22 days annual leave