Service Desk Consultant – Level 1/2
We are seeking an experienced and customer focused Service Desk Consultant who has experience with dealing with customers over the phone, via email and onsite. In this role, the Service Desk Consultant will work within a busy support area in Codec to deliver a high quality of support service to our customers. The Servicedesk Consultant will have the responsibility for all incoming cases both internally and externally and may be required to go to client site.
- Providing IT support to internal staff and customers in a professional and friendly manner.
- Answering the Helpdesk Support phone number and accurately log, analyses, prioritize and solve (or escalate if required) I.T. incidents, always ensuring that the case is updated.
- Providing PC troubleshooting for internal end users and customers using both remote-control tools and desk-side support.
- Escalating end user requests when required.
- Desktop/Laptop support & maintenance (Reimaging of computers).
- Providing software support for all applications used within the business
- Active Directory and Office 365 Tasks.
- General user support for office applications, MS Office 2010/2013, Windows 7/10, iPhone / iPad and Corporate Mobile device/Smart Phone Support.
- Support and management of Multi-function devices.
- Actively seeking opportunities to improve client’s IT systems and IT operations.
- Maintaining strong client relationships and delivering excellent customer service.
- Completing assigned tasks on time and managing own workload.
- Communicating progress and issues both internally and to clients.
- Problem solving and good decision making is an essential part of this role.
Experience and Skills Required
- 1+ years working in a similar IT based Servicedesk role
- Experience in working in a high pressurised environment and ability to multitask
- Excellent understanding of a Servicedesk atmosphere
- Candidate must be customer focused with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work within a team
- Strong system, software and hardware diagnostics, fault finding and problem-solving ability. Experience of server implementations, device imaging and deployment, firewall and WAN technologies. Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server and other Messaging Environments. Experience of Microsoft Office 365 Services, Cloud Email, Office software licensing.
- Full clean drivers license is required for this role.
- Exposure to ISO standards an advantage
- ITIL certified, not essential but an advantage
- Exposure to Virtualised Environments is advantageous.
Skills/ Behavioral Competencies
- Results focused; competitive drive and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task within the role.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and evaluate new systems/products.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills and ability to prioritise.
Whats in it for you ?
- Competitive salary
- A flexible workplace, in a prime city
- Travel to work scheme – bike and public transport
- Competitive Corporate Pension Scheme
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Flexible working environment
- 22 days annual leave