Major Food & Beverage Retailer
Our Customer is one of Europe’s most successful family-owned businesses, with over a one hundred year history in food and brand innovation. They have a substantial number of market leading food and beverage brands throughout their retail stores. They support circa 40,000 jobs in over a 1,000 retail stores, with retail sales in excess of €5 billion
Company: Major Food & Beverage Retailer
Industry: Food and Beverage
One of Ireland's largest Food and Beverage retailers wanted to migrate their exiting ERP solution from on-premise servers, to a fully resilient solution based in Azure.
Following a competitive tender process, Codec began working with our customer to architect and support the migration of their existing ERP solution from their on-premise servers, to Azure.
A solution was required which was more responsive to the growing landscape of their business across systems and locations. They approached Codec for a seamless migration of their ERP system to the Azure Cloud.
Codec followed the Cloud Adoption Framework standards for Azure in this implementation which involved adhering to the migration process steps which included:
• Defining the Strategy: Understanding the motivations, business outcomes, business justification and project prioritisation
• Planning the Migration: Review digital estate, initial organisational alignment, skills readiness plan and cloud adoption plans agreed and documented
• Readiness: Providing Azure readiness guide, first landing zone, expanding the blueprint and best practice validation
• Adoption: Migrate & Innovate: First workload migration, expand scenario, best practice validation and process improvements
• Governance: Methodology, benchmarking, initial best practice and governance maturity
• Management: Review against business commitments, operations baseline
We worked through the discovery, analysis and design phases to determine all the business and resource requirements for the solution in line with best practice, to ensure costings were in line with the Customers expectation.
The migration was completed using ‘The 5 R’s of Rationalisation’ methodology: Replace, Rehost, Refactor, Rearchitect, Rebuild and Replace.
The solution was then migrated to Azure and hosted across multiple regions to provide resilience. The database servers were migrated to the Azure SQL PaaS platform.
This migration has provided our Customer with a resilient solution that scales with their needs, whilst at the same time reducing overall maintenance overheads and increasing the flexibility and security of their Azure environment. In addition, the migration has also:
• Enabled the Customer the ability to increase or decrease the compute, should they require a change within their ERP application
• Facilitated the rapidly expanding business data
• Given flexibility to focus on core processes as there are no maintenance cost overheads
• Ensure a stable environment with uninterrupted processing and no downtime