Full Stack Developer – Belfast
FULL STACK MICROSOFT DEVELOPER
We’re hiring a Full Stack developer to join our Belfast team to build our existing .NET, Azure and Power Platform Capability for an exciting long-term project. We’re accepting applications for the next two weeks with a start date in March 2020.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new member of our team gives us an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective, and we are always eager to further diversify our company. Codec is committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career.
ABOUT THE JOB
Our Belfast Team consists of 20 people who have a wide range of experience from Cloud Infrastructure, Traditional .NET Development, Azure Services and Power Platform experience. You’ll join the team and work with them closely.
In broad terms, you will work on a long-term greenfield Belfast Based project and will be responsible for the following:
- Designing, implementing, documenting, and maintaining .NET portals systems for multiple high-traffic applications on top of existing portal frameworks (e.g. Kentico, SiteFinity, Umbraco)
- Tracking evergreen browser changes and keeping applications up-to-date
- Teaching and mentoring junior and mid-level developers
- Assisting Power Platform teams with front-end decisions and participating in code reviews
- Learning back end ‘Power Platform’ technologies from our experienced team to ensure we provide holistic solutions for our customers that don’t just focus on the technology.
As a senior team member at Codec, you’ll look to develop simple user-friendly portal solutions with a high number of end users. You’ll fix bugs. You’ll go deep. You’ll learn from us and we’ll learn from you. You’ll have the freedom and autonomy to do your best work, and plenty of support along the way.
Here are some things we’ve worked on recently that might give you a better sense of what you’ll be doing day to day and the team you’ll be joining.
- Building proof of concept portals with demonstration scripts to match customer’s business requirements
- Discovering our customers business processes and documenting how that aligns to UI/UX Journeys in customer portals
- Updating bootstrap and other themes to match our customers’ existing styling and UI/UX Guidelines
- Advising our customers on best practice portal journeys which meet their business drivers
- Using open source or third-party controls and components and adaptors such as Telerik tools to speed up portal development and reduce risk as we develop.
- Developing integrations to third party systems via Azure
- Building Microsoft Power Apps for internal users that interface directly with public facing portals
- Working with programmers from the Power Platform, Dynamics 365 and SharePoint teams to co-develop features and identify better practices.
- Being part of a team who organise Microsoft User Groups in our spare time
We’re looking for someone with strong Microsoft development experience. You should be well-versed in C#, .NET Framework with good knowledge of modern browser APIs, HTML and CSS. You won’t know everything however, and we don’t expect you to. Nobody hits the ground running. Solid fundamentals with software development, systems, troubleshooting, and teamwork pave the way.
You might have a Computer Science degree. You might not. That’s not what we’re looking for. We care about what you can do and how you do it, not about how you got here. A strong track record of conscientious, thoughtful work speaks volumes.
You will need to work in our City Centre Belfast Office initially and gain the confidence of our team and our Belfast based customers. While this is not a remote job, once you are up to speed, we will trust you to work remotely when you need to. We’re quick to trust. We see things through. We’re kind to each other, look up to each other, and support each other. We achieve together. We are colleagues who may disagree but are here to do our best work.
We value people who can take a stand yet commit to deliver even when they disagree. And we understand the value in others being heard. We subject all ideas to consideration and challenge each other, but all remember that we’re here for the same purpose: to do good work together. That comes with direct feedback, openness to each other’s’ experience, and willingness to show up for each other as well as for the technical work at hand.
As an experienced developer or architect, we expect to pay you what you feel you are worth and how we feel you can help our team. We assess seniority relative to the existing team at Codec during the interviewing process and will offer you a competitive salary and benefits package relative to our existing team.
HOW TO APPLY
We’re accepting applications until Monday 24th February at 9am. Send in your CV with a cover letter. Keep it sharp, short, and get across what matters to you. We value great writers, so take your time with the application. This is an important role for us and we’re giving you our full attention.
We expect to take two weeks to review all applications. You’ll hear from us quickly whether you’ve advanced to the interview part of the application process. Our interviews are one hour, with your future colleagues, and we will do our best to meet you on your schedule. Our interviews do not involve gotchas, tricks, brainteasers, or whiteboard coding.