If the past year has taught us anything it’s that no-one can predict the future! The much-overused phrase the “new normal” has become the de-facto way of describing a new way of living and working and how we interact with people daily. It means digital transformation and the increased use of technology to help companies achieve more.
As organisations continue to work in this new environment, many have begun to explore options around moving their applications to the cloud.
It’s no different for ERP systems and there is a drive to migrate many existing Dynamics GP users to Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Whilst existing Dynamics GP users are familiar with the technology and what it can deliver for them on a daily basis, there are many compelling reasons as to why you should consider making the move to Business Central in the future. We will outline some of these key reasons below:
Benefits of moving from GP to Business Central Online
- Data migration toolkit available to move Dynamics GP data and transaction history to Business Central.
- Full integration with Microsoft 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.), Teams, SharePoint and the Power Platform.
- 24/7 access from anywhere, on any device.
- Fully scalable SaaS, with option to deploy on-premises in Azure
- Lower IT costs
- Flexible and easy to customise and upgrade and easier integration with external applications
- Includes CRM and better manufacturing and distribution capabilities than GP
- Provides better support for branches and multiple entities than GP.
- Extendable functionality through Microsoft AppSource
- Out-of-the-box dashboards, approval workflows and extensive financial reporting options
GP to Business Central Migration Triggers
So, what are the triggers that companies often identify with to pre-empt a move to Dynamics Business Central from GP? Typically, in making a move to Business Central, some of the following scenarios may form part of the consideration process:
- Dynamics GP is too expensive on a yearly basis.
- You want to reduce cost and/or risk by hosting your data and application in the cloud.
- Any critical business process for which you currently use a 3rd-party add-on has an equivalent Dynamics 365 app available in AppSource
- There is a particular difficulty in GP or a feature in BC that makes you want to switch.
How to make the move to Business Central from Dynamics GP?
If you’d like to explore the possibility of moving from Dynamics GP to Business Central you need to know you have the right support and resources to enable you to do so smoothly.
Making the move is not a simple click of a button. Working with an experienced partner like Codec will be of huge benefit. We work with numerous Dynamics GP customers and are involved in helping many of these to transition to the Dynamics Business Central in the cloud.
Codec can work with you in adopting a Hybrid approach to the migration if you feel you are interested in seeing what the cloud has to offer but want to retain some of your existing functionality of Dynamics GP.
There are many compelling reasons why companies should consider making the move from Dynamics GP to Dynamics Business Central sooner rather than later.
If you would like advice and assistance in how to make the move successfully, Codec would be happy to provide you with a dedicated consultation.
To find out more about the benefits of Business Central online and how to make your move, join us for our webinar “Making the Move to Microsoft Dynamics Business Central: All you need to Know” on Thursday 6th May at 10am.