When it comes to businesses, the “new normal” means digital transformation and the increased use of technology to help them achieve more. Despite the difficult operating environment faced by many companies currently, the potential for technology to help has never been greater.
In the months ahead, how an organisation manages its business processes and the decisions it makes will be crucial in determining if that organisation will be successful in the future.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 can help businesses meet today’s challenges by bringing their customers and businesses together with the next generation of Customer Relationship (CRM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application.
Dynamics 365 Business Central SaaS connects people and processes like never before. Customers use Dynamics 365 Business Central to improve predictability, manage costs, optimise business processes, enhance customer interaction and ultimately make better business decisions.
Based on the Microsoft Azure platform, Dynamics 365 Business Central SaaS is highly adaptable and rich with features, transforming how companies manage their business processes, including finance, manufacturing, sales, logistics, project management, services, and more.
A management support system that can be adapted to fit the scale of your businesses
For organisations using legacy on-premise ERP, a move to a modern cloud-based ERP typically means a lower total cost of ownership over time.
Since its launch in April 2018, Dynamics 365 Business Central SaaS has seen increasing adoption by organisations looking to digitally transform their businesses. The solution now has over 6,000 customers globally and is experiencing 250+% user growth year–on–year. (Source: Microsoft)
It is a cost-effective solution that enables small businesses to benefit from the use of advanced analytical solutions, AI, or the Internet of Things within one management support system. Thanks to the flexibility provided by the cloud, the solution can be adapted to fit the scale of a business as it continues to develop and grow.
Historically, this type of comprehensive ERP solution was only really an option for larger SME companies mainly due to the high cost of purchasing and maintaining the on-premise hardware required to run the system, alongside periodic system upgrade cost.
As Dynamics 365 Business Central is cloud-based, the barrier to entry is now much lower for small and medium businesses.
Irish SMEs will now be able to avail of one ‘off the shelf’ cloud solution that has the capability to run their entire business and the flexibility to scale to meet the needs of the business as it grows.
Some of the Benefits of Dynamics 365 Business Central SaaS
1. Increase financial visibility
- Make informed decisions with connected data across accounting, sales, purchasing, inventory, and customer transactions. Chart financial performance in real–time with built-in Power BI dashboards.
- Improve forecast accuracy with comprehensive data modelling and analysis. Customise and share reports with seamless Excel integration.
2. Optimise the supply chain
- Predict the optimal time to replenish stock with built-in intelligence. Use sales forecasts and expected stock-outs to automatically create purchase orders.
- Calculate and optimise manufacturing capacity and resources to improve production schedules and meet customer demands. Maintain the right amount of inventory by automatically calculating stock levels, lead times, and reorder points.
3. Boost sales and improve service
- Prioritise sales leads based on revenue potential. Keep track of all customer interactions and get guidance on best upsell, cross-sell, and renewal opportunities throughout your sales cycle. Accelerate the sales process from quote to cash. Act quickly on sales-related inquiries, manage service requests, and process payments—all from within Outlook.
4. Deliver projects on time and under budget
- Create, manage, and track customer projects using timesheets along with advanced job costing and reporting capabilities. Develop, modify, and control budgets to ensure project profitability. Make effective decisions with real-time insights on project status, profitability, and resource-usage metrics.
5. Protect data and support GDPR compliance
- Respect your customers’ right to privacy and set up your business to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Grant and restrict access to personal data on multiple levels and implement audit trails to ensure security and accountability.
- Handle, store, and transmit data securely across your systems while protecting it from unauthorised access with automatic Microsoft data centre encryption.
6. Run a business from anywhere
- Get the same user experience no matter how you deploy—in the cloud, on-premises, or a combination of both. Take your business on the go with a consistent, intuitive experience across Windows, Android, or iOS devices for mobile access to Business Central.
There are many compelling reasons to make the move to Dynamics Business Central.
If you would like advice and assistance in how to make the move successfully, Codec would be happy to provide you with a dedicated consultation.
To find out more about the benefits of Business Central online and how to make your move, join us for our webinar “Making the Move to Microsoft Dynamics Business Central: All you need to Know” on Thursday 6th May at 10am.